nestling logo

29 December 2014

My blue dress

Dear nestling readers.  I hope you all had the most wonderful Christmas surrounded by family and friends.  I was not able to be with my children and granddaughter but I had wonderful phone call throughout the day.

When I was a little girl my parents did not have a lot of money and anything we had was treasured and well cared for.  On a work trip to the big smoke my father bought me a wonderful blue dress which my mother deemed ‘was for best’ despite me longing to wear it.  It was power blue, sleeveless, dropped waist and pleated skirt.  It was to die for.  It was tucked away, wrapped carefully in tissue paper and only brought on a few special occasions.  Before long I was too big to wear it and it passed into history, or so I thought.  On clearing my parents home when my father died I found the treasured blue dress still wrapped in tissue paper.  My mother had kept it safe for over 50 years.  Unfortunately my daughter did not get to wear it but hopefully a granddaughter will and it will be in perfect ‘vintage’ condition.

My lesson from this is that treasured items need to be worn and appreciated while still lovingly cared for.  Luckily fabrics of today are much more resilient today and your nestlings can wear their wonderful clothes and they still come up looking great.

The nestling clearance sale has some wonderful pieces at absolutely ridiculous prices, so your nestling can look and feel like a princess or prince and still roll around happily with all the other kids.

Check out:

Fabrik heather dress size 00, reduced from $55.00 to $10.95
http://www.nestling.com.au/sale---summer-clothing-c66/girls-c81/heather-dress-p660/


One Red Fly, cleo dress, size 7, reduced from $100 to $30.00


Lace skater dress by Tahlia by Minihaha, size 7 & 8, reduced from $99.95 to $15.50

Jemima dress from Fabrik, size 5&6, was $94.95 now $24.95




The entire range of retro dresses by fox & finch baby reduced from $45.40 to $30.50, available in sizes 12, 18 and 24 months.

http://www.nestling.com.au/sale---summer-clothing-c66/girls-c81/dresses-c126/







No comments:

Post a Comment