nestling logo

23 February 2015


Hi Everyone

Greetings from Jordan!  I am on my annual visit to my dear friends in Jordan who I met in 2012 and have visited ever since (it’s a long story!).  I arrived here on Saturday to find the place blanketed in snow.  Yes, it snows in the Middle East.  My quarters here aren’t 5 star, I can guarantee you.  My family that I stay with is very large and we all squeeze into a small apartment with one fairly primitive bathroom.  What they lack in possessions is replaced 1000 fold with generosity and happiness.  The only problem is getting to bed early, as after the evening meal its visiting time and that can go on way into the night.  I will be bringing back with me some lovely treats of Palestinian embroidery for the nest and the nestling!  I have left sending out your parcels to a very competent parcel elf so all is in good hands.  He is following orders well.

By the time I write next week bao bab will have arrived which is rather exciting and Minihaha and Milky will not be far behind it.  So lots of lovelies are on the way.  I have also just placed an order with the very lovely Bamboo Design.  Yum!

I love Charlie Belle, all handmade by Kate from Canberra, but it is time they walked out the door.  All Charlie Belle is now reduced to $5.00 to make room for the packing elf left at home.  While I love this label I do realize now that it is difficult for Mum’s at home to search for it quickly online as they are all different, so lesson learnt for next time, so grab a bargain while you can  - the extra few minutes searching will be worth it.

 

So until next week, enshalla, ( the Arabic way of saying ‘god willing’)  greetings from Jordan. 

Rebecca

PS.  Me in the snow with my Jordanian sister Hiyam




No comments:

Post a Comment