nestling logo

11 November 2014

Welcome from ME

HI and thanks for checking into Nestling's blog.  I thought in my first blog I should introduce myself so you know who you are dealing with.

My name is Rebecca and I a Mum but my three babies are 33, 31 and 26.  They are all well on their way in the world and all have wonderful partners whom I love as my own.  I could not be happier.  I also have a beautiful little granddaughter who is 15 months old.  I'm Omi which is grandma in German, so that pretty much gives away my heritage.  I am single and am currently living in rural NSW.

After 20 years in the one organisation I was made redundant last year which was not such a bad thing as I needed a change.  After a good break and much thought I came to the conclusion that I don't want to return to 9-5 work.  I was the flexibility to be able to help with my granddaughter as her mum is often flying solo as my son is in the army.  I also want to help my mum who is struggling after losing my dad last year.

I have had the great fortune to travel extensively and I have established very strong connections in both Jordan and Khonuu in far north Siberia.  No matter where I have been children are the centre of every community.  In the future I hope to bring you some lovely things for children and their parents from some of my favourite parts of the world.  I also aim to include a handmade section from things that are discovered in some of the wonderful weekend markets here in Australia.

I have lots of plans for the next phase of nestling.  I hope you will come along for the ride.

PS. Here I am all pretending to be reading for a Siberian winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment