nestling logo

17 November 2014

The dress


As a little girl I had a favorite dress.  It was powder blue, sleeveless, buttons down the back, dropped waist and pleated skirt.  It was a present from my father.  I did not get to wear it very often as Mum deemed it “for best” and I grew out of it too quickly.  Even so my mother kept is safe for all these years and now I am a grandmother it is just waiting to be worn again.

My daughter who is now 31 and a very sophisticated dresser (she now reminds me of Audrey Hepburn) was a ‘girly girl’ when she was little, unlike me.  In fact there were a number of memorable tantrums when I tried to dress her in shorts and she decided she was having none of that.  I clearly remember the walk on the beach in a new pink short set where she was so angry with me and refused to walk.  She has often bemoaned the fact that tutu’s weren’t available when she was a little girl.  To torment her older brother when his daughter was born her first gift for her niece was a beautiful mauve tutu and headband – which I may add he teamed with a black ACDC onesie.

No matter what your little Nestling prefers to wear, the dress is a staple for young ladies and now there is so much to choose from.  I love the fact that little dress don’t always have to be in pink.   Take the Jemima dress by Fabrik.  It features adjustable shoulder straps, embroidered bodice with sequins and net overskirt, and is in a silver/green. (http://www.nestling.com.au/sale---summer-clothing-c66/girls-c81/dresses-c126/jemima-dress-p919/). It is available is size 5 and 6.  Also very girly with just a hint of pink is the new Milky, little girls bird dress in navy with white birds available in sizes 0, 1 & 2.  Lots of other dress choices are available at Nestling.

In honor of ‘the dress’ all dresses at Nestling are 30% off until Sunday 23 November.  Just type in “bluedress” at checkout and don't forget to have a look in winter as well as there are some great little dresses there.







No comments:

Post a Comment