nestling logo

25 November 2013

10 naughty but nice Christmas treats for kids (and mums & dads!)


I know it's a cliche but it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. With a month to go it is almost unavoidable. Most shops have been ramping up the Christmas displays, toy sales and general hype for weeks now. The Christmas parade has come and gone, there are not many days of school left and Santa is getting a real workout dashing from one shopping centre to the next!

So, it is time to embrace the festive season and what better way to do that than by sharing some fabulous Christmas recipes? These creations have been gathered from a variety of sources and I have not tried them all so cannot personally vouch for them, but they look absolutely magnificent. This list celebrates the decadence and fun of this time of year and is definitely not recommended for everyday cooking.
My definition of Christmas on a stick. Children will love this one.


An interesting choice for Christmas breakfast - fun and even slightly healthy.


There, I managed to include something slightly healthy but completely yummy.

Photo: Yunhee Kim

4. Chocolate raspberry pavlova
Very patriotic as pavlova is the Australian dessert and what could be better than adding chocolate and raspberries?



The kids can definitely help to make these and they can be packaged up as home-made Christmas gifts.


Photo: Dani Venn


Not too sweet but still a great Christmassy taste, and it will keep well - if there's any left!



Yum! Just explain to your little girls that they are not actually eating the Strawberry Shortcake...


Children will love to help with making these, especially when it comes to using the cookie cutter.


I love these - and they look so easy. Child's play!




This looks absolutely fantastic, so hopefully one of my friends will make one so I can try it. After my last gingerbread house effort I think I'll pass on this complex recipe, but good luck to you if you give it a go. I'd love to see a photo.



Happy cooking (and eating) with your family and friends and remember it is only once a year.


The team at nestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment